Presentations and Other Stories
- PCPIAH Presentation – Let’s Start the Conversation – March 2017
- PCPIAH Presentation – Let’s Start the Conversation – Vancouver, April 26, 2017
Canada’s History – Presentation by Dr. Maureen Lux
In this presentation, Dr. Maureen Lux shares a few stories that she found in the archival and oral history research for her book Separate Beds: A History of Indian Hospitals in Canada.
This presentation by Dr. Maureen Lux is part of the “Researching and Revealing Indigenous History” Panel at the 9th Canada’s History Forum, Engaging Authentic Indigenous Histories that was held on November 27, 2016 in Ottawa. This event was organized by Canada’s National History Society and the National Centre for Truth and Reconciliation.
- CBC Radio – The story of a separate and unequal Canadian health care system
- Saskatoon Star Phoenix – Scooped
- Cedar – word
- Cedar – pdf
- Medicine Wheel – word
- Medicine Wheel – pdf
- Spirit Stones – word
- Spirit Stones – pdf
- Aboriginal Homelessness Resources – word
- Aboriginal Homelessness Resources – pdf
Lu’ma Native BCH Housing Society (1997) has been the Community Entity delivering the Homelessness Partnering Strategy funding to the Aboriginal community since 2001. Lu’ma Native BCH Housing Society, based in Vancouver, is a provincially registered non-profit society providing a variety of community services targeting the Aboriginal Community.
Service Canada is the federal government agency that provides homelessness funding to Lu’ma Native BCH Housing Society as the Community Entity, under the Homelessness Partnering Strategy (HPS).